Friday, August 21, 2009

Luau!

Today was the end of the summer bash, the Luau at the CDC. I took Zoey in early and her class made her a t-shirt to wear. We got out of the car and she saw all the decorations up and heard the music and said, "Oh mama, look, it's a surprise party for me!" I said no it's the Luau, she kept telling me no, it's her birthday party! She's a silly girl...

They had fun stuff, face painting, snacks, a ball toss, fishing, and some Hula Dancers that came last year. They're pretty entertaining.



She had a good time and I liked being there for one of the events, usually I'm working so I don't get down her way to see what they're doing. The flower barrette in her hair is actually one of the ones I wore at my wedding, and she absolutely loved her flower!

Zoey and a couple other kids wanted to swing on the tire swing so Priscilla was pushing them. Oh my goodness, that thing makes me so nervous! I just kept hoping she held on really tight and didn't let go! It made me realize how big she's getting... That kid has no fear!


Wow I sound really bossy on that video!


I made sloppy joes, mashed potatoes, and watermelon for supper tonight. I can't remember the last time I made home-made mashed potatoes and for some reason the ones I made tonight totally hit the spot, they were soooo good! I made Chocolate Malt Cookies for a lunch at work today and they turned out pretty good. I found them on the Betty Crocker website and it was my first time making them. I think the glaze made them a little too sweet but the cookie part was really good. Nothing can beat those sinful cookie bars of Tanna's though!!!

1 comment:

  1. soooo glad alll had a gooood time love mrs.jerry wahlmeier

    ReplyDelete