Sunday, May 17, 2009

A crazy week...


Well we found out on Thursday that Beau is getting prepped for immediate deployment within the week! I think I'm still kind of in shock or something, this will be our first deployment, and it's just some crazy news. Beau's friend overseas is having some issues with his family so they are sending him home and Beau is taking his place. He called Beau yesterday morning and chatted with him a little bit and said he hoped we weren't upset or anything that Beau has to go. Beau is actually really excited, it's an opportunity to save up some money, plus he'll see a completely different part of the world and culture. A couple guys at work told him you learn the most about your job when you are overseas and it makes you really proud to be in the Air Force and serve your country.

Anyway, he's getting ready for that, he has lots of appointments tomorrow and I guess they will tell him the date he's going to be going. It's weird knowing we have a week, maybe a week and a half, instead of the couple months you usually have to prepare yourself for this kind of thing. Priscilla told me she would rather have known a week ahead of time because then you don't dread it forever and you appreciate the last few days you have together.


Saturday was Zoolute at the Zoo, it was an event for military members and their families for the community to show their appreciation. It was really neat, they had tattoos, free food like Chick-Fil-A and Dominos, ice cream, hot dogs, a dunking tank, and the zookeepers were out walking around and talking about the animals. It was really fun! Of course we woke up and it was POURING rain, I think we got almost 3 inches but we needed it really bad. It cleared up right before we all left and it turned out perfect, it wasn't too hot, there wasn't tons and tons of people there, so we all had a good time. It was feeding day for the snakes, lovely, so they were a lot more active also. They had a milk snake out for people to touch and Zoey and Landon really liked it. I need to talk to her about never touching snakes, but it's hard to do that right after your parents are telling you to go pet the snake, so whatever. I need to do that!


After the Zoo, we came home for naps then Zoey went over to play with Landon and Scilla so Beau and I could go on a date. First we went to the shooting range to shoot the gun Beau got for us to keep in the house for protection. Don't worry it's in our closet waaaay out of reach, unloaded, but it's there just in case. I do feel better in a weird way, I thought for sure it would make me more nervous, but it's been ok. I really really liked shooting, it gave me this urge to run around and kick somebody's ass, haha! I kept telling Beau, ok I was done and he'd say are you sure, and I'd say oh ok just do like 3 or 4 more shells, and then I'd do it all again. I feel a lot more comfortable with it, and I was surprised how much kick it had! I'm glad I got to shoot it, I feel better prepared.

I'm really proud of myself, and I think I surprised Beau a little bit that I wasn't like a horrible shot! Beau told me at least you'd get him in the balls, plus look you shot him in the hand too! It was cute and a really fun thing we did together, just us. Now that he's leaving I feel like we should have done more but we'll work on that when he gets back!

After the shooting range we went to Outback Steakhouse for some really good food and I got some kind of a spiked lemonade drink, it was delicious! After that we went to the mall and walked around then hung out with Priscilla for a bit, then came home. Thank you so much Priscilla for watching the Zomeister for us! Beau had to work today, and I did a little housework, but I think I'm still recovering from yesterday! Tomorrow starts another work week but at least it's a 4 day week, we have a 4 day weekend coming up, yay!!!!

2 comments:

  1. yes we need to talk about snakes--when i come down can we go shoot just love to shoot clay flying things--glad you both had a bood time love form home-mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well if you get them in the balls at least you know you have pleanty of time to get out of the house! At Hiawatha the gun was right beside my side of the bed in a small gun safe and the key was very close and hidden so the kiddos couldn't find it. I hope we get to see Beau before he leaves!

    ReplyDelete