Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Shelves and pretty gifts!

I finally got Zoey's shelves the other day from Organize.com and got them all put together! I was sad to see, after I got the shelves alllll put together, that 2 of the bins were cracked and broken. I was really disappointed so I got online to see about returning the 2 bins and getting 2 new ones since we went to all the trouble of ordering it in the first place, I really wanted it to be right. The return policy was to return anything everything has to be intact in the original box, even the instructions! Plus you have to pay the return shipping! I was really ticked off and I wasn't about to pay $30 for 2 plastic bins, plus taking the whole dang thing apart that I spent 45 minutes putting together! I measured the bins, headed off to Wal-Mart, and found 2 regular old clear storage bins that are the exact same size, plus with lids, so now I can keep her play-doh and colors and coloring books in there and not have to worry about her getting them all over since the lids are on them! So in the end, it all worked out and I'm very pleased!
Here's how it looked right out of the box:
Here's the finished product, it's so cute!
I got a nice surprise yesterday from Priscilla! She gave me this wonderful gift basket with wine, some extremely tasty chocolates, some really pretty suckers, and some candles. It was really pretty so I just had to take a picture of it before I tore in and got after them chocolates! Dang, they were good! She didn't have to do it, I would watch Landon any day, it was almost like having a break myself since he kept Zoey busy too! Thanks again Scilla!
I have a funny Zoey story too, I almost forgot! When Zoey goes to school she looooooves dress up and dramatic play. A while back her teachers told me she was the "baby" of the class that day and the other kids had lots of fun giving her a bottle, a pacifier, putting the baby clothes on her, which only came up to her shins, and just doing little baby stuff. They said she laid there for a long time and just let the other kids do all sorts of stuff!
Anyway, the other day she kept trying to take her clothes off to put on the dress up clothes and Priscilla told her that she needed to keep her clothes on and put the dress up clothes on top. Priscilla said she had to take another little girl's picture for something and in that time Zoey got buck naked, put on the little baby newborn diaper, tried to pull the baby pants up to her shins then peed in the diaper!!! She said she was being a baby and babies pee in their diapers!!!!! Oh my gosh, I was so embarrassed, but her teachers said it was really funny and that it was actually very clever of her to think of doing that. I don't know, I really don't want her peeing in play diapers, but that's just me! Haha, I hope I remember this, I can't wait to tell her when she gets older!

3 comments:

  1. Cute Shelves, where are the after pictures of them with toys in them? hmmm????

    ReplyDelete
  2. good job--zoey will be embaressed on the wee in the diaber--love mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats a really funny story...You will remember because you wrote it on this blog!!!! I love your shelves!! Very cute idea!

    ReplyDelete