Sunday, May 31, 2009

It's been a while...

Sorry I haven't blogged in a while, this week has been really crazy. Beau got his orders, his flight leaves at 8:25 tomorrow morning so Zoey and I will be dropping him off at around 7 to wish him off. I'm really really not looking forward to it, but it's not for too awful long and Zoey is here to keep me company. Beau was packing up all of his stuff and he got this HUGE bag to take and Zoey fit in it! I think she wants to go with Daddy! Yeah, that's not happening!
Beau had appointments all week and I went with him to a meeting at the Family Readiness Center and got lots of information about things that are available to me while he's gone. It's nice to know I have a pretty good support system if I ever need anything. He also asked me to come with him to get his shots, it was awful! He got his smallpox, anthrax, and typhoid. His smallpox one scares me, I won't let him take off his bandage in the house or touch it or anything. Blech, it's gross! You should google it, it's scary stuff!

The Smith's came into town on Thursday evening and had supper, played in the yard for a while, then we went to the base to look at the fire trucks. I can't believe I didn't take very many pictures but I'll be sure to post some more later when Tanna sends them to me! Thanks for coming, we had a great time!!! Zoey kept saying she wanted to go play with "the girls" and then Tanna would say, "and a boy!" It was really cute!

The girls had lots of fun dressing up and Andrew found a fire truck and a police car so he had some fun too! Of course they all loved the trampoline, that thing scares me to death!


Friday night we went to the drive-in and saw Up! It was a super cute movie, we all really enjoyed it! It started at 9:00 so about 20 minutes before it ended Zoey got a little fussy and then finally went to sleep. I loooove going to the drive-in, it makes me feel more comfortable if Zoey's going to have a melt-down or anything at least we won't bother anyone else. I recommend the movie though, it was really good!

Saturday morning we went to breakfast with the Miller's and then shopped for Beau's toiletries and things he needed to take on the flight. His supervisor Greg came over and gave Beau pointers on what he needed to take and how things were going to go. Thank you Greg! You eased my mind too a little bit and I know Beau appreciated it!

Last night Zoey went to the Teague's to play with Landon and Beau and I went to Buffalo Wild Wing's to have a couple going away drinks with the guys. It was really fun, quite a few people showed up! After that Vos, Williams, Tally and Beau and I went to Guitar's and Cadillacs to see what all the fuss was about but none of us realized it was a total country bar! Cow bells and everything. We stayed for about half and hour then Beau and I headed home. It was fun hanging out and we got to dance to one song, it's a really good memory to have right before he leaves! Thanks again Teague's for watching Zoey, even though she ruined Greg's game and wouldn't bring him the right pillow! Hahaha!

Vos is over right now and they are watching Terminator 2... yay... not my kind of movie! We need to go to Wal-Mart here in a bit and get Beau a shower bag to keep his toiletries in and sunscreen and I think that's all he'll need for now. I'm not sure what else he'll need for now but I'll be sure to let everyone know if he needs anything in the future. Thanks for all of the amazing support and I know this deployment will go smooth thanks to all my friends and family who are here, and far away, being there for us!

3 comments:

  1. like the dress up pictureslove mom tell beau to keep his head down love mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. nanakriss60@yahoo.com-says i hope this works now love mrs.jerry wahlmeier

    ReplyDelete
  3. hope zoey climbed out of the suitcase! let us know if Beau needs anything, the kids love to go shopping and stuff boxes full of goodies for the "solzers"

    ReplyDelete