Saturday, July 11, 2009

Big G's

Last night Priscilla and Landon, Nicole and Jackson, and Zoey and I headed to Tuscola, TX, population 714, to eat the most amazing hamburgers ever! When Nicole was telling us about Big G's she said that when we got there we couldn't look around too much and we would forget how it looked when we got our food. Needless to say, I think Priscilla and I were like what the heck kind of place is this! It was packed, with a couple of window air conditioners to cool the place and we got a table waaaay in the back corner. Next thing we knew, the people sitting next to us started smoking!!!! I think this is like the last place in the United States that you can still smoke indoors! It was really hot and the smoke was getting bad so when I took Zoey to the potty I saw there was a big table up front out of the smoke, I asked the waitress if we could move and they said sure! It was sooo much better after that and we really enjoyed ourselves.







Jackson and I had to take a picture because we had matching shirts!


We had burgers and some really good pie, they looked so good I wanted to take them all home!



Here's a link from a newspaper article they did on it, it's a really cute place! I recommend it if anyone is in our neck of the woods!


There was a shark hanging from the ceiling with a hand in it's mouth and Zoey wasn't really to sure what to think of it. She told me this morning that the shark shouldn't have had a hand in it's mouth it was mean... it's so funny what she remembers sometimes!

We headed back to good ol Abilene, it's only like 10 minutes away from Tuscola, and stopped at Priscilla's house and let the kids play on the swing set for a while then we headed home. After I got home my neighbor Ashley and I sat on the porch and visited and had a great time!

The other day I got Zoey a cheap princess set at K-Mart, came with a crown, necklace, clip-on earrings, and a ring. She looooves it! She's been wearing it all the time when we are at home and just acts like such a princess! I accidentally stepped on her ring the other day and broke it and she got very very upset with me! She huffed and puffed around and frowned at me and kept telling me, "Mommy, I'm very mad at you!" Then she'd walk out of the room and come back and huff and say, "Oh look at my ring, it's broken!" She was pretty ticked and she still talks to me about how I broke her ring. After a while I convinced her it was an accident and she's not mad anymore, but it was so hard not to laugh at her, she was really mad!


Well, we're going to maybe go swimming with the Hopper's again this afternoon and I've been working on Farmtown, my new addiction! It's so dumb, but so fun to play! Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

  1. nanakrisssays===boy oh boy did you guys have a nice time i want to go there when we come down love mrs jerry wahlmeier (mom)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is your "Mini Me" what else can I say.

    ReplyDelete