Monday, July 6, 2009

Happy 4th of July!


Well, we're coming to the end of our lovely 4-day weekend, it was a much needed break and we had lots of fun! Saturday we headed to some friends of Nicole's family, Amber and Ivan. They have a beautiful house with this awesome back porch and a huge yard for the kids to play in. They had make brisket that was out of this world and lots of other goodies. Zoey and Jackson had fun running around, playing with the horseshoes, and playing with the other kids.We all had matching shirts on, we didn't realize it untill we were headed to Nicole's house. Gotta love those Wal-Mart specials haha!

Nicole's dad got the kids some sparklers and Zoey did surprisingly well! I figured she wouldn't want to hold it or anything, but she had a lot of fun! She just wanted to keep lighting the ground on fire with it...

By the time the fireworks started, everyone was pretty wound up so getting them to sit still took a bit and then Zoey wanted nothing to do with them! She kept holding her hands over ears and telling me they were too loud. They were set off sporatically so they were big gaps between fireworks and she'd think it was safe and start to walk to go do something then another one would go off and she'd run as fast as her little legs could take her under the porch! It was so funny! She didn't really watch too many of them, just mostly sat on the porch and ate some cake... oh well, there's always next year!

Today Priscilla and Landon helped me take my car to the mechanics to get looked at. The first step in getting ready for our big trip to Kansas coming up, we're sooooo excited!! We dropped it off then went to K-Mart where of course they were having sales all over the store! I got Zoey a really cute dress for $4.00 and a couple other things. I wish K-Mart was closer to me I would go there all the time, I love that store! After that was Chinese that really hit the spot and then back home. Now I'm just waiting on a call back to see what they're going to do with the car, I've tried calling like 4 times and nobody has called me back. It's so frustrating!


I'm going to finish up some laundry and get everything ready to get back in the swing of things tomorrow. We should have 4-day weekends waaaaay more often! Happy 4th everyone!

1 comment:

  1. nanakriss says---i hope you got me a shirt to match you pretty girls. glad the car is ready to head to kansas-i need help water my major eye surgery==love mom

    ReplyDelete